All submissions should be sent to Elphrog@gmail.com
Submissions Due: Sunday, November 12th @ 11:59 pm.
Students, staff, and faculty of State College of Florida are welcome to submit. Please note length requirements for each category.
Types of work accepted include:
- Visual Art
- Music/ Audio
- Short Film
In the subject line of the email, please identify which category you are submitting to.
In the body of the email, please include:
- Full name
- Pen Name
- Student ID Number
- Work Title
- Line/Word Count
- Biography ( ≤ 150 words)
All works will be responded to within 14 days after submission deadline, by email. The Elektraphrog staff strongly encourages you to check your email around this time as we may send inquiries about your piece that could determine your pieces acceptance.
If chosen for publication, we will notify you via the e-mail you made your submission through.
There is no financial or academic reward for being published in Elektraphrog
Elektraphrog reserves the right to dismiss any work that is felt to be inappropriate, poorly written, or that uses copyrighted information. All works submitted must original pieces.
- All written works should be attached to the email you send (please do not embed).
- Attached works should be sent as .doc or .rtf files.
- To allow fair editing and publishing decisions, do not include your name or any identification on the document.
- We accept works in languages other than English, but English translation is needed.
- We reserve the right to change the format and/or background of all submissions, if the format is vital to the work, please indicate this in the body of your email. We will make the effort to preserve the format of the work.
Word/ Line count:
Fiction and Non-fiction: No more than 3,000 words, these pieces should be typed in 12 point, using Times New Roman font.
Poetry: No more than 100 lines or 300 words, these pieces should be typed in 12 point, using Times New Roman font.
- All art should be attached to email as a .jpg file. The file should be at least 200×200 pixels.
- For fair publishing decisions please do not include a signature, if your work has a signature on it, please remove it digitally.
- If you wish for your piece to contain a signature, please indicate this in the body of your paragraph. We will be more than happy to receive a second file containing the signed piece if, and after your piece is selected to be published.
Visual Arts we accept:
- Graphic arts
SHORT FILMS/AUDIO FILES/MUSIC:
- All works should be attached to email being sent.
- Short films should be submitted under .mpeg4, while music and audio should submitted under .mp3.
- Please include lyrics to all music files if applicable.
- For all audio files, please do not include name in piece for fair publishing decisions. If you wish for your name to spoken in the piece please include that in the body of the email, we will accept the revised piece if, and after your work is selected to be published.
- For all Short Films, please wait to include all persons names credited in the piece until the end for fair publishing decisions.
- Be sure that your recording is clean sounding, as poorly recorded works have little chance of being published.
- All films can only contain original or roalty free music.
Length of works:
Short films: Should be no more than 15 minutes long.
Music/Audio files: Should be no more than 5 minutes long.
For any questions please contact Elektraphrog at Elphrog@gmail.com.